- A record high percentage of investors anticipate their investment volume to exceed that of the previous year.
- Tokyo was named as the number one city for cross-border investment for the second consecutive year, with Osaka also ranking in the top 10.
- While North America remains the top investment market for Japanese investors, interest in Asian markets is on the rise.
- “Core” and “distressed” assets are preferred.
- Targeted returns for core assets remain unchanged.
- The logistics sector has surpassed office buildings as the major investment target.
- Transaction prices for logistics facilities to remain stable or even increase.
- Japan currently stands below Asia-Pacific standards for the implementation of ESG criteria.
- However, majority of investors are planning or considering the adoption of ESG criteria, and are aiming for higher ESG investment as a % of total AUM.